- Can you train Tuesday’s and Friday’s, early evenings in Macclesfield??
- I have spaces for 4-7 aspiring new recruits looking to take their running to the next level!
- Contact me at DanMayersPT@gmail.com to book on now!
What Is It?
This is a low cost, six week cycle based, conditioning club for building STRONGER, more complete runners. This means working on a good running economy and resistance to injury.
Training intensity is completely up to you; everybody works at their own pace during the sessions. There is no pressure.
There are no contracts on joining; you can come and go as you please. Payments are in six week blocks (£100), where you can join in as many, or as few of the scheduled sessions as you like. I recommend you try to make two a week to begin with, but more are available to those that want.
Once a member, you will have access to all of the online support material on Facebook, Strava and Google Drive. Supplementary 1-1 PT sessions will also be available at a discounted rate, or occasionally FREE to long-term members.
How Does It Work?
Building STRONG runners with a higher resistance to injury is not just about running. Training sessions will typically be either:
a) A structured tempo run, usually around 3-5 miles. This is where we work on a specific energy system of the body, and develop it using the ‘progressive overload’ method.
b) A ‘running specific’ conditioning session. This is where we look at other aspects of running, often neglected, such as MOBILITY, STRENGTH, STABILITY, BALANCE, SPEED and POWER.
We also cover other elements, such as utilising different breathing techniques and progressive training plans to make that illusive PB a reality.
Groups will typically aim to be between 4-7 people for optimum results in the running sessions. Conditioning classes can be slightly larger.
Who Is This For?
Run Stronger Club would be an ideal choice for ANYONE who fits the following:
- You have completed an NHS ‘couch to 5k/10k‘ type programme and wish to advance to the next level.
- You are a member of another running group or club that goes out a couple of times a week, and you would like to supplement this training. Particularly if you find yourself a little between group levels.
- You play/train at another sport and find that running training benefits your performance.
- You have had trouble with persistent, nagging injury and want to find a way to break the cycle.
- You have a specific running goal, or an illusive PB you want to achieve.
What Can I Expect From It?
In your first six weeks, you can expect to see some slight improvements in form, and quite likely an improved feeling of stamina. Drastic improvements in running times will come a little later on if that is your goal.
As the club is now in its second year, I can happily report that there have been some staggering improvements from members; especially from those who have been with me right from the start. It means such a lot that so many have stuck with me this whole time, and I generally try my hardest to reward that loyalty with as much value for money as possible.
You can also expect to have a good time, learn a few things and become a lot HARDER to the English weather conditions.
You will also get good at running over hills. This is non-optional 😉
A free technical t-shirt is now included on your first course.
How Much Does It Cost And How Do I Book On?
Current cost is £100 (including t-shirt)